Tuesday, May 28, 2013

My Joy

The last time I had a chance to write a blog I was six months pregnant with my greatest joy Mackenzie (Bean). On November 23 she made her entrance into this world. A very quick entrance. The first time I saw that little face I fell in love. I knew I would love her but I had no idea how much I would love her. She is everything that I expected her to be and more. Everyday is a learning experience for us. I am not going to lie and say it has been easy because it has not. I wasn’t able to breast feed like I had planned. We found out that she had acid reflux and most recently a protein allergy. Then it is just the days that I feel completely overwhelmed and I don’t know what to do. But then I look into those little eyes and everything seems ok. Since she has come into this world I have had to do some fighting for her. I had to become an adult. I have to make the best decisions for my family. I would like to think that everyone has been supportive and happy for us but that is not true. But since becoming a mom I have learned that none of that matters. What matters the most to me is that my little family has everything that they need. Yes that means going back to work before I was ready. Sending Mackenzie to daycare. Standing up to family members and coworkers who question my decisions. I have made some mistakes these last six months and I can admit that but I have learned from them. Also since having Mackenzie I have learned that all of your relationships change.Some of the changes are good changes and others are not so good.Personally I can say that some of my friendships with people have been nonexistent since I become a mom and that is fine with me. It does sting a little in the beginning but you get over it fast.I like to think that my relationship with Him has been ok since adding our bundle of joy. We are still learning how to balance being awesome and cool parents with having our own separate relationship. It's hard but you make it happen.Becoming a parent is not easy.It is not something that you should take lightly.Just learn from your mistakes and keep doing the best that you can. Being a mom to Mackenzie is the thing to ever happen to me.She is my greatest joy. Mack's Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment